Monday, November 18, 2013

Week 6

Progress

Right now my project is going along smoothly, I will continue to do research on the Battle of Verdun and work on my two maps, the interactive map and the story map with a template.  I have made good progress on my interactive map adding map notes, pictures, and descriptions to the map.  I am still yet to start the story map.  Both maps will cover the same material but in a different format.  

Formats

The first format is what I call an interactive map.  This map allows you for you to draw lines, add points, descriptions, and pictures perfect for describing a War.  Here is the progress of my interactive although this product is not finished I am really liking how it is turning out. 
Progress of my interactive map: Battle of Verdun
 This interactive map allows you to click on the lines, points, and arrows with description boxes popping up next to them.   I am organizing my map through 3 phases of the war each phase getting a different color to make it look organized and easier to read.   The first phase is the Germans advancing to Fort Douaumont, the second phase being the Germans advancing to Fort Vaux and Fleury Village before being stopped.  The final third stage will be France pushing the Germans back and regaining the ground they lost.  If you look to the left of the map you will be able to see contents under that allows you check and uncheck each phase furthering the interactive experience of this map.    Each map will have a description box looking like the picture below.

The second format will be a story map template.  An overview of the template I will be using can be found here.  This template allows for pictures to be displayed much bigger and easier to view.  The template does come with  a map but it will not be interactive.   My story map is yet to really be started but you can view the progress I will be making.    I am going to importing my pictures through Pisca which is run through Google making it easy too add photos to your Google account and then to my map.  This template can be edited in many ways to see all the different ways to edit this template check out my Week 4 blog.

The picture above is an example of what my story map will look like.  So far I only have 1 picture on my story map but eventually the completed map will allow you to scroll through each picture with separate descriptions and locations.

Plan

My plan for this week is continue my research for important historic events, maps, pictures, and other things that will better my two maps.  Also start my story map and start to complete my interactive map. 




No comments:

Post a Comment