Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 2

I'm thinking my final project will be a story map of where the front lines of the German and Allied armies were during WWI or just in Verdun.  Along with elevation maps to show how tough the elevation change effected the war in Verdun.  My information will come from Articles and Books on WWI, I have not looked into any books or articles yet.  I have not decided which story map format I will use.

I Completed a practice story map on Google called Tour Builder.  I found it much easier to complete the story map because of the technology of Google Earth.  Although I thought you could do a lot more with the ESRI story maps and make it look much neater and professional.

Goal:  To create a story map on Google tour builder with a theme of our France Trip to the Western Front

Methods:  I added 15 photos from my France trip to the tour builder and found their location on Google Maps.  Although it is not the precise location it still is in the general location of where the pictures was taken.  I then wrote a description of each photo somewhat to the theme of my Tour.


Results:  I found finding the location of each picture to be much easier but the ESRI story map in my opinion looks much more professional.

Here is my Tour Google Maps Tour Builder


No comments:

Post a Comment