Monday, October 14, 2013

France Trip: WWI, the Western Front

-In class we were taught how to use the story map application on ArcGIS online.  We also were throwing around ideas of what our final project would compose of.  My idea for the final project was to do something with where the German and Allied lines were during the battle along the Western Front.  I was also interested in making a good elevation map of the Battle of Verdun including the Forts.  I have not done any further research of my final project
                        
          -This is an image of great elevation change.  Fort Douaumont is to the left up the hill.  This represents tough walking conditions that soldiers had to endure.  The Germans had a poor war tactic trying to walk up and down the valleys in Verdun, the French army always had another fort on top of hill allowing them able to see the German army attacking. 


 I completed my practice story map on ArcGis online.  It had to compose of 20 pictures from our French trip in any random order.  This assignment was used to get us familar with the application.
-Here is my final product:  France Practice Story Map

No comments:

Post a Comment